Obverse legend : DANT PONDUS ; À L'EXERGUE : AJUSTEURS DE LA MONNOYE DE PARIS 1767.
Obverse description : Table de travail de monnayeur avec les outils, une balance et les bassines remplies de monnaies. Coin signé N.F. et Roettiers Fils.
Obverse translation : Ils donnent le poids.
Reverse legend : ADMINISTRATION DES MONNAIES ET MEDAILLES.
Reverse description : En six lignes : MAGASIN / DE / VENTE / 10 RUE DU / QUATRE SEPTEMBRE / PARIS.
CURRENCY OF PARIS
Monnaie de Paris was located in the seventeenth century on the site of the current Samaritan. The National Bank was formed by the agglomeration of small parcels and medieval houses which gave the hotel a heterogeneous appearance. Not far from its location behind the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois is still the Rue de l'Arbre sec, recalling a gallows had been established to punish including some counterfeiters. The shots of the eighteenth century show us a series of small rooms, of different sizes and at different levels, some of them as having been innocupées fire. Renovation projects were proposed in 1750 but were not immediately acted upon. After an exchange agreement with a land located around the former Hotel de Conti, the Monnaie de Paris will be transferred to its current location. The old currency will be razed during the second half of the eighteenth century.