Obverse legend : REPUBLIQUE FRANÇAISE.
Obverse description : Buste à gauche de la République au-devant d’une scène portuaire, signature L.BAZOR.
Reverse legend : REUNION / (VALEUR FACIALE / ESSAI.
Discovered in 1513 by the Portuguese Mascarenhas, the island became French in 1638. Named Bourbon Island, its concession was given to the East India Company in 1664 then, in 1793, it became Reunion Island. It is one of the four overseas departments since 1946. The island is strongly helped by the metropolis.