Obverse legend : CANTON FREYBURG.
Obverse description : Écu couronné du Canton de Fribourg entre deux palmes.
Reverse legend : DEUS AUXILIUM NOSTRUM // 5 / BATZ: // 1811.
Reverse description : Dans le champ, couronne chêne.
SWITZERLAND - Canton of Fribourg
Freiburg was founded in 1178 by the House of Zäringhen then, from 1277, went into the Habsburg family. In 1452, Louis de Savoie integration Fribourg his duchy. In 1477, the Freiburger went before becoming independent members of the Swiss Confederation in 1481. Fribourg concluded with France a treaty of alliance called "Perpetual Peace." In the sixteenth century the canton of Fribourg was the center of the Swiss Catholic reform.